Schools that have AP® teachers with multiple class sections or multiple teachers teaching the same AP subject can get subject score rosters and AP Instructional Planning Reports at the class section or teacher level. Implementing class sections helps teachers and schools:
- Get a direct view into the performance of individual classes so they can analyze the strengths and weaknesses of their curricula.
- Control access to student scores when there is more than one teacher for an AP subject. If your school does not designate sections, all data will be grouped by AP subject, allowing all AP teachers of that subject to see student scores for the entire student roster.
Implementing Class Sections
To implement class sections, your school must designate section numbers on students’ answer sheets during the exam administration. Follow the instructions below to request separate AP Instructional Planning Reports and subject score rosters for individual class sections.
- Assign each section a different number from 1 to 9.
- After the exam administration, fill in the circle corresponding to each student’s class number in the “School Use Only” section on the answer sheet.
- Be sure to inform teachers of their designated section numbers before school lets out. Teachers will select their section numbers the first time they sign in to view their reports online.
For Chinese and Japanese Exams on CD, you must complete the Fee Reduction/Section Designation Form. For Studio Art, you may designate separate class sections using the AP Studio Art Digital Submission Web application. Complete instructions for designating sections on student answer sheets will be available in the 2016-17 AP Coordinator’s Manual.
Viewing Class Sections
- When teachers sign in to the Online Score Reports for Educators website they will be prompted to select their section numbers for that school year. The teachers will then be linked in the system to their students.
- When those teachers view their AP Instructional Planning Reports and subject score rosters, they will see score data only for the sections they taught.
- Returning teachers who previously accessed scores online will have their old section designations for previous years’ score reports stored, if applicable.
Editing or Correcting Section Numbers
- If one of your teachers selects the wrong section number when accessing online score reports, please contact that teacher and request that they update their section number(s) immediately using the “Edit Section Preferences” link on their home page.
- If you find that your school has incorrectly bubbled section numbers on students’ answer sheets, administrators will be able to make section number correction requests for students online using the Administrator Tools section of the website.
- If you find that students are missing from your reports first check to see if the student is in the correct section.