This one- or two-day workshop is intended for middle and high school teachers who will be building or strengthening an AP® Vertical Team. You will acquire the tools and standards-based instructional strategies needed for engaging students, aligning a curriculum, and creating an action plan for your AP World Languages Vertical Team.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Implement a thematic approach to instruction using standards-based strategies for curriculum development.
- Align a world language and culture curriculum vertically across grade levels.
- Build an AP Vertical Team or strengthen an existing one.
- Create an action plan for your AP Vertical Team.
- Understand and incorporate the National Standards for Foreign Language Learning in the 21st Century within a thematic curricular alignment.
- Transfer new strategies to classroom practice.