In this course, you will review materials, course outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on specific pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply concrete strategies for designing and implementing an AP Spanish Literature and Culture curriculum.
- Build activities and assessments that develop students’ proficiencies across the full range of language skills, particularly critical reading and analytical writing.
- Help students relate the content of the required texts to literary, historical, sociocultural, and geopolitical contexts in Spanish.
- Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess, and the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation.
- Develop or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture Course and Exam Description
- AP Course Audit information, including sample syllabi and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture Practice Exam
- Sample Responses from the AP Spanish Literature and Culture Practice Exam
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture exam free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary)
- Curriculum Module containing strategies and activities for Las sociedades en contacto: perspectivas del imperialism, which focuses on how imperialism influenced history and literature
Note: Curriculum modules reflect important topics in AP courses and are meant to provide you with resources and classroom ideas. However, the focus of a curriculum module does not mean that a particular topic will appear on the AP Exam.