In this workshop you will review materials, course outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on specific pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply concrete strategies for designing and implementing an AP German Language and Culture curriculum.
- Develop activities and assessments that present language in cultural context, build students’ proficiencies in the modes of communication, and integrate authentic materials into language instruction.
- Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess, and the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation.
- Develop or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP German Language and Culture Course and Exam Description
- AP Course Audit information, including sample syllabi and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP German Language and Culture Practice Exam
- AP German Language and Culture exam free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary)
- Curriculum Module containing strategies and activities for Das Leben in einer digitalen Welt, which addresses the technology theme of the curriculum.
Note: Curriculum modules reflect important topics in AP courses and are meant to provide you with resources and classroom ideas. However, the focus of a curriculum module does not mean that a particular topic will appear on the AP Exam.