In this workshop for new and experienced teachers, you will review materials, course outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply concrete strategies for designing and implementing an AP Physics 1 curriculum in topics such as kinematics, dynamics, simple harmonic motion, rotational motion, and mechanical waves.
- Develop activities, assessments, and laboratory strategies that engage students in acting and thinking like scientists.
- Implement strategies to prepare students for the AP Exam.
- Develop or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP Physics 1 and Physics 2 Course and Exam Description
- AP Course Audit information, including sample syllabi and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Physics 1 Practice Exam
- Sample Responses from the AP Physics 1 Practice Exam
- AP Physics 1 exam free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary)
- Quantitative Skills Analysis in AP Physics 1 and Physics 2 Investigations: A Guide for Teachers
- AP Physics 1 and 2 Lab Investigations: Student Guide to Data Analysis
- AP Physics 1 and 2 Inquiry-Based Lab Investigations: A Teacher’s Manual
- Curriculum Module, containing strategies and activities for Rotational Motion
Note: Curriculum modules reflect important topics in AP courses and are meant to provide you with resources and classroom ideas. However, curriculum modules should not be taken as an indication that a particular topic will appear on the AP Exam.