You will review materials, course outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply concrete strategies for designing and implementing an AP Chemistry curriculum.
- Develop activities, assessments, and laboratory investigations that engage students in acting and thinking like scientists, drawing from the Curriculum Framework.
- Implement strategies to prepare students for the AP Exam.
- Develop or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP Chemistry Course and Exam Description
- AP Course Audit information, including sample syllabi and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Chemistry Practice Exam
- Sample Responses from the AP Chemistry Practice Exam
- AP Chemistry exam free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary)
- Teacher’s Lab Manual (electronic copy)
- Curriculum Module, containing strategies and activities for Implementing Guided Inquiry Activities in the AP Classroom
Note: Curriculum modules reflect important topics in AP courses and are meant to provide you with resources and classroom ideas. However, curriculum modules should not be taken as an indication that a particular topic will appear on the AP Exam.