In this workshop, you and other local and district-based school leaders will learn concrete strategies for expanding access to AP programs and advanced course work to underrepresented students. You will explore methods for implementing and sustaining a school culture that creates the opportunity for all willing and academically prepared students to participate in AP.
Length: Half day
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Use national data to develop targeted strategies that engage staff and the larger school community in addressing obstacles to student learning
- Implement practices for guiding and supporting school personnel as you develop an equitable educational opportunity for all students
- Plan for fostering equity and access in your school or district
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in your AP programs
- Apply strategies for decreasing the achievement gap in your schools and districts