This workshop is for mathematics teachers for grades 6–10. You will learn how to use graphing calculators to help students visualize and explore algebra from graphical, numerical, and analytical perspectives, as well as from traditional symbolic representations. You will also learn how to use inquiry learning in teaching algebraic thinking, use patterns to find relationships, use tables in investigating relationships, and describe patterns using both recursive and closed relationships.
Length: 1 day
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Use patterns to find relationships.
- Use tables to investigate relationships.
- Describe patterns using both recursive and closed relationships.
- Analyze change using graphs and tables.
- Creatively and effectively use graphing calculators to produce meaningful solutions to mathematical problems.