In this workshop, you will learn research-based strategies for strengthening students’ reading comprehension and writing skills in English and the social sciences course work. The workshop emphasizes teaching interdisciplinary readings, analyzing texts, and writing on demand.
Length: 1 or 2 days
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the skills that students need to read and analyze text at the college level.
- Learn various strategies that can be used to provide all students with appropriately challenging reading and writing tasks.
- Develop alternate means of assessing student performance.
- Provide your students with more opportunities to engage in active questioning, analysis, and the construction and communication of arguments.
- Plan and implement the strategies in your classroom.