This workshop for new and experienced teachers reviews course materials and outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Design and implement an AP U.S. History course.
- Develop activities and assessments to build students’ proficiencies in the historical thinking skills.
- Implement strategies to prepare your students for the AP Exam.
- Devise or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements.
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP U.S. History Course and Exam Description
- AP Course Audit information
- AP U.S. History Practice Exam
- Sample Responses from the AP U.S. History Practice Exam
- AP U.S. History exam free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary)