This workshop for new and experienced teachers will review materials, course outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Align your instruction with the goals of the AP Human Geography course.
- Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess, and identify the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation.
- Draft a syllabus that meets the curricular requirements for the course.
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP Human Geography Course Description
- AP Course Audit information including sample syllabi and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Human Geography exam free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary)
- Multiple-choice questions and answers from the AP Human Geography Released Exam
- Curriculum Module containing strategies and activities for Gender and Geography
Note: Curriculum modules reflect important topics in AP courses and are meant to provide you with resources and classroom ideas. However, the focus of a curriculum module should not be taken as an indication that a particular topic will appear on the AP Exam.