This workshop gives you the tools to build and/or strengthen an AP Vertical Team and to align a curriculum vertically across grades within the studio art discipline. Through the implementation and vertical articulation of concrete strategies, you will gain a deeper understanding of the skills and knowledge students need to succeed at the AP level. You will learn strategies to facilitate student achievement in visual analysis and critical thinking, development of technical skills, and ideation and expression of artistic voice, as needed to develop an AP Studio Art portfolio.
Length: 1 or 2 days
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental goals of AP Studio Art.
- Identify the College Board’s mission to provide access and equity.
- Describe strategies used by AP Studio Art Vertical Teams for developing curriculum in 2-D, 3-D, and Drawing.
- Explain the content and skills necessary for student achievement in a vertical curriculum in studio art.
- Identify the structure and standards of the three AP Studio Art portfolios available: 2-D, 3-D, and Drawing.
- Create an action plan for developing and sustaining the AP Vertical Team.