This workshop provides you with some of the best tools and techniques for helping students acquire the skills needed to excel in AP Studio Art. You will review materials, course outlines, content-related handouts, student samples, and scoring guidelines that focus on pedagogical techniques and content-specific strategies that you can use in the classroom.
After attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Align your instruction with the goals of the AP Studio Art course.
- Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess, and identify the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation.
- Draft a syllabus that meets the curricular requirements for the course.
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction.
Workshop materials provided
You will receive a copy of the Workshop Handbook, and additional resources such as:
- AP Studio Art Course Description
- AP Course Audit information, including sample syllabi and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Studio Art scoring guidelines and commentary
- Curriculum Module containing strategies and activities for Using Digital Technology for Teaching, Learning, and Making Art
Note: Curriculum modules reflect important topics in AP courses and are meant to provide you with resources and classroom ideas. However, the focus of a curriculum module does not mean that a particular topic will appear on the AP Exam.