Welcome, AP teachers! Here you'll find resources for teaching AP Human Geography, including engaging instructional materials, sample exam questions, and current course information.
Essential Course Resources
- AP Human Geography Course Description, Effective Fall 2013
Course Overview (.pdf/785KB) | Full Course Description (.pdf/810KB)
- AP Human Geography Teacher's Guide (.pdf/1.1MB)
Other Core Resources
- AP Human Geography Frequently Asked Questions
- AP Human Geography Development Committee
- AP Human Geography Course Perspective
AP Exam Information and Resources
- AP Human Geography Exam Information
- Free AP Human Geography Practice Exam
- AP Human Geography Exam Tips
- Multiple Choice Section Scoring Change
AP Course Audit Information
From the College Board
From Your AP Colleagues
- Using Films in AP Human Geography
- Teaching Tips
- Vocabulary Lists for AP Human Geography Units
- Human Geography Resource Guide
- The Demographic Transition -- A Contemporary Look at a Classic Model
- Field Trip: A Hands-On Map and Scale Activity
- Cultural Landscape Study
- Maps and Spatial Thinking Skills in the AP Human Geography Classroom
- The Spanish Flu And Its Legacy (.pdf/5.7MB)
Course ContentRelated Articles
Reviews of Teaching Resources
There are currently more than 250 reviews of teaching resources, including textbooks, Web sites, software, and more, in the Teachers' Resources area. Each review describes the resource and suggests ways it might be used in the classroom.
- JuneAugust: AP Summer Institutes are offered for AP Psychology. These workshops, at different sites throughout the country, will provide an in-depth look at the course and exam.
- SeptemberApril: One-day Professional Development Workshops are offered for AP Psychology.
- To locate upcoming workshops and Summer Institutes and register, visit AP Central Professional Development.