Welcome, AP Studio Art teachers! Here you'll find resources for teaching AP Studio Art 2D, including up-to -date course information, portfolio requirements, sample student portfolios with assessment commentary, and engaging teaching and learning materials.
Essential Course Resources
- AP Studio Art Course Description,
Effective Fall 2014
Course Overview (.pdf/2.5MB) | Full Course Description (.pdf/1MB)
- AP Studio Art Teacher's Guide (.pdf/5.9MB)
Other Core Resources
- AP Studio Art Brochure
- AP Studio Art Student Planning Worksheets
- 2014 AP Studio Art Student Sample Portfolios
- AP Studio Art Development Committee
- The Role of the AP Studio Art Development Committee
- AP Studio Art Credit and Placement Policies at Colleges and Universities
- AP Studio Art Programs by State
- Frequently Asked Questions
AP Exam Information and Resources
- About Digital Submission
- Digital Submission Web Demo
- Digital Submission Web Application
- Digital Submission FAQs
- 2-D Design Portfolio with Student Samples and Scoring Guidelines
- Portfolio Tips
- Thinking About Art Making: Questions for Reflection
AP Course Audit Information
From the College Board
From Your AP Colleagues
Course Content — Related Articles
- Stimulate: Using National Gallery of Art Islamic Resources
- Field Trips as a Means in Developing Concentrations
- Curriculum Revision and Vertical Teaming
- Tips for Starting a Successful AP Studio Art Program
- Parallel Lessons for AP Studio Art Instructors
- Diversity in the Art Classroom
- Cartooning and Comic Book Art in the AP Studio Art Environment
- AP Vertical Teams for Studio Art: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviews of Teaching Resources
There are currently more than 250 reviews of teaching resources, including textbooks, Web sites, software, and more, in the Teachers' Resources area. Each review describes the resource and suggests ways it might be used in the classroom.
- June — August: AP Summer Institutes are offered for AP Studio Art. These workshops, at different sites throughout the country, will provide an in-depth look at the courses and exams.
- September — April: One-day Professional Development Workshops are offered for AP Studio Art.
- To locate upcoming workshops and Summer Institutes and register, visit AP Central Professional Development.