Essential Course ResourcesKey assets for understanding and teaching the revised course
- AP Italian Language and Culture Course and Exam Description, Effective Fall 2011 (.pdf/1.8MB)
- AP Italian Language and Culture Course and Exam Description Audio Files
AP Italian Language and Culture Course Planning and Pacing Guides
Written by AP teachers, these versatile guides demonstrate different ways to plan and pace the AP Italian Language and Culture curriculum across one academic year. Each author brings a unique perspective to approaching the course based on his or her teaching context (e.g., demographics, schedule, school type, setting) and presents a host of ideas for activities, resources and assessments.
AP Italian Language and Culture Course Planning and Pacing Guide (.pdf/1.3 MB)
Lucrezia Lindia, Eastchester High School, Eastchester, NY
- AP Italian Language and Culture Course Planning and Pacing Guide (.pdf/727KB)
Lionel Chan, Syosset High School, Syosset, NY
Other Core Resources
- Validated Achievement Level Descriptions for AP French, German and Italian Language and Culture ExamsNew!
Provides descriptions of student performance on the exam in each of the modes of communication at each of the five AP score points.
- AP Italian Language and Culture Frequently Asked Questions
- AP Italian Language and Culture Development Committee
- AP Italian Language and Culture Open Forum 2012 (.pdf/1.8MB)
- AP Italian Language Teacher's Guide (.pdf/592KB)
AP Exam Information and ResourcesProvides a general overview of the exam and includes sample multiple-choice and free-response questions.
A full Practice Exam with Notes is available at the Course Audit web site. Sign in to your course audit account for access.
AP Course Audit Information
Classroom ResourcesA diverse selection of supplemental materials, including lesson plans and teaching strategies
From the College Board
Special Focus MaterialsScaffolding Student Interaction with Authentic Materials
- Ch. 1 - Reading in a Second Language from Scaffolding Language, Scaffolding Learning: Teaching Second Language Learners in the Mainstream Classroom (.pdf/4.6MB)
- Ch. 2 - Content Study from Supporting English Language Learners (.pdf/2.3MB)
- Ch. 3 - Materials Design and Lesson Planning: Novels and Short Stories from Literature and Language Teaching: A Guide for Teachers and Trainers (.pdf/3.2MB)
From Your AP Colleagues
College Board Store
Reviews of Teaching Resources
There are currently more than 250 reviews of Italian Language and Culture resources, including textbooks, websites, software and more, in the Teachers' Resources area. Each review describes the resource and suggests ways it might be used in the classroom.
- June—August: AP Summer Institutes are offered for AP Italian Language and Culture. These workshops, at different sites throughout the country, will provide an in-depth look at the revised courses and exams.
- September—December: One-day Professional Development workshops are offered for AP Italian Language and Culture.
- To find workshops and register, visit AP Central Professional Development