Welcome, AP teachers! Here, you'll find resources for teaching AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, including engaging instructional materials, sample exam questions, and current course information.
Essential Course Resources
- AP Physics C Course Description,
Effective Fall 2014
Course Overview (.pdf/1.3MB) | Full Course Description (.pdf/1.5MB)
Other Core Resources
- Physics C Frequently Asked Questions
- Learning Objectives for AP Physics (.pdf/518KB)
- AP Physics C Development Committee
- AP Physics C Course Perspective
AP Exam Information and Resources
- AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam Information
- Calculator Policies (.pdf/152KB)
- Free 1998 AP Physics C Released Exam
- Free AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Practice Exam
- Multiple Choice Section Scoring Change
AP Course Audit Information
From the College Board
Special Focus Materials
From Your AP Colleagues
Course Content — Related Articles
- The Spanish Flu And Its Legacy (.pdf/5.7MB)
- Less Is More: Teaching Strategies for Limited Class Time
- AP Physics Featured Question
- Einstein and the World Year of Physics
- Critical Thinking Questions in Physics
- Teaching Tips
- Physics Instruction Using Video Analysis Technology
- Achieving Gender Equality in the Science Classroom
- Multiple-Choice Tests: Why the Controversy?
- Multiple Intelligences in the Physics Classroom
- Women and Mathematics: Stereotypes, Identity, and Achievement
- Women Scientists of the Manhattan Project
- After 100 Years: The Legacy of Marie Curie
- Milestones for Women in Science
- Teaching with Einstein
Reviews of Teaching Resources
There are currently more than 250 reviews of Physics resources, including textbooks, Web sites, software, and more, in the Teachers' Resources area. Each review describes the resource and suggests ways it might be used in the classroom.
- June–August: AP Summer Institutes are offered for AP Physics C. These workshops, which occur at different sites from June through August, will familiarize educators with the courses and exams and offer guidance and strategies to support student success.
- September–May: One-day Professional Development Workshops are offered for AP Physics C.
- To locate Summer Institutes and workshops and register, visit Professional Development for AP Physics Teachers.