Welcome, AP teachers! Here, you'll find resources for teaching AP European History, including engaging instructional materials, sample exam questions, and current course information.
Essential Course Resources
- AP European History Course and Exam Description, Effective Fall 2010
AP European History Course Description (.pdf/1.2MB) | AP European History Course Overview (.pdf/1.2MB)
- AP European History Teacher's Guide (.pdf/1.7MB)
Other Core Resources
AP Exam Information and Resources
- AP European History Exam Information
- Free AP European History Practice Exam
- AP European History Exam Tips
- Multiple Choice Section Scoring Change
AP Course Audit Information
From the College Board
Special Focus Materials
From Your AP Colleagues
- Choosing a Textbook for AP European History
- Preparing Students for the AP European History Exam
- Teaching Tips
- Ten Lesson Plans from the History Teaching Institute
- Three Lesson Plans: France in the Late Eighteenth and Early Nineteenth Centuries
- The Home Stretch: Review Strategies That Work
- To Illuminate History: Making History Picture-Perfect
- Women as Political Leaders in Modern European History: Online Research
- Student Assignment: Summer Reading for AP European History
- Introducing Students to Historiography in the AP European History Classroom
- Using Biography to Teach AP History
- Art in the AP Classroom
- The Spanish Flu And Its Legacy (.pdf/5.7MB)
Course Content — Related Articles
Reviews of Teaching Resources
There are currently more than 250 reviews of European History resources, including textbooks, Web sites, software, and more, in the Teachers' Resources area. Each review describes the resource and suggests ways it might be used in the classroom.
- June–August: AP Summer Institutes are offered for AP European History. These workshops, at different sites throughout the country, will provide an in-depth look at the course and exam.
- September–May: One-day Professional Development Workshops are offered for AP European History.
- To locate Summer Institutes and workshops and register, visit AP Central Professional Development.