AP Calculus Updates
Updates to AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC will take effect in the 2016-17 school year. Learn more.
Welcome, AP teachers! Here you'll find resources for teaching AP Calculus BC, including engaging instructional materials, sample exam questions, and current course information.
Essential Course Resources
- AP Calculus BC Course Description, Effective Fall 2012
Course Overview (.pdf/977KB) | Full Course Description (.pdf/2.3MB)
- AP Calculus Teacher's Guide (.pdf/1.2MB)
Other Core Resources
- AP Calculus BC Frequently Asked Questions
- AP Calculus Development Committee
- AP Calculus BC Course Perspective
AP Exam Information and Resources
- AP Calculus BC Exam Information
- AP Calculus BC Exam Tips
- Calculator Policies (.pdf/152KB)
- Free AP Calculus Practice Exam
- Multiple Choice Section Scoring Change
AP Course Audit Information
From the College Board
Special Focus Materials
From Your AP Colleagues
- A Sampler of Visual Proofs in First-year Calculus (.pdf/201KB)
- Teaching Tips for AP Calculus
- Tips for Assessment: AP Calculus
- Try This! Calculus Teaching Tips
- Beginning the Year with Local Linearity
- Weakening the Hypotheses of the Mean Value Theorem
- Seeing Is Believing
- AP Calculus Featured Question
- Why We Use Theorem in Calculus
- Frozen in Time
Course Content — Related Articles
- The Immortal L'Hospital (.pdf/180KB)
- A Calculus Student Reads the Newspaper (.pdf/305KB)
- Residue of Calculus: Learning That Lasts
- The National Curve Bank Project: A MATH Archive
- Lesson Study: A PCMI Experience
- Do Cubes and Squares Have the Same Properties As Spheres and Circles?
- The Mathematical Puzzles of Benjamin Banneker
- Women and Mathematics: Stereotypes, Identity, and Achievement
- Appreciating Mathematics: Math Is Good for Something, in Fact Many Things
- Mathematics at the School-to-College Transition
- Milestones for Women in Science
- Teaching with Einstein
- AP Calculus for a New Century
History of Calculus
Reviews of Teaching Resources
There are currently more than 250 reviews of teaching resources, including textbooks, Web sites, software, and more, in the Teachers' Resources area. Each review describes the resource and suggests ways it might be used in the classroom.
- June — August: AP Summer Institutes are offered for AP Calculus BC. These workshops, at different sites throughout the country, will provide an in-depth look at the course and exam.
- September — April: One-day Professional Development Workshops are offered for AP Calculus BC.
- To locate upcoming workshops and Summer Institutes and register, visit AP Central Professional Development.