Register for a Workshop or Summer Institute
Use this search tool to locate a workshop or summer institute in your subject area or zip code, and then follow the instructions on the individual pages to register. Registering three weeks in advance of an in-person workshop qualifies you to receive the early bird discount.
There are one- and two-day workshops perfect for all educator levels:
- New AP teachers in the process of developing or refining an AP course.
- Experienced AP teachers seeking to learn new strategies and share best practices.
- K–12 teachers who want to be equipped with the Pre-AP strategies needed to engage students in high-level learning.
- Administrators and AP Coordinators interested in establishing an AP program, building Vertical Teams, and organizing an exam administration.
Teachers of AP Capstone courses—AP Seminar and AP Research—are required to attend an AP Summer Institute and complete specific training.
AP Summer Institutes
College Board-endorsed AP Summer Institutes have signed an agreement with the College Board to ensure quality and consistency among the locations. These courses are always led by College Board–endorsed consultants and provide College Board materials to each participant.
Teachers of AP Capstone courses — AP Seminar and AP Research — are required to attend an AP Summer Institute and complete specific training.
Learn important terms relating to Workshops and Summer Institutes.
Download Official Catalogs and Forms
- 2016-17 Professional Development Catalog & Registration Form(.pdf/631KB)
- 2016-17 Professional Development Workshop Offerings (.pdf/213KB)